Tuesday, August 28, 2018

My Absolute 5 Favorite Lip Colors


As some of you might know, I don’t claim to be an expert on beauty and certainly not makeup. I took a Mac lesson once and know the essentials. I know  how to apply foundation, and to start from my cheek bone down with bronzer and work my way up with blush. Other than that I'm not your expert! On the other hand, one part of makeup that I am extremely passionate about (besides my eyebrows which I’m OCD about) is LIPS. I always found lipstick to be another accessory of my outfit and if I didn’t have a lip color on, my outfit wasn’t complete. I also tend to get really dry lips from licking them, so wearing lipstick has always helped me with thatHere are 5 of my favorite lipstick combinations for any season!
 1. “Go Anywhere” Lip  
 gave this shade its name because you can wear it with any outfit and at any time whether it be to the laundry, to run errands, or to work. You can even wear it as a neutral shade at night when you’re wearing a host of bright colors and don’t want to overwhelm your outfit with a powerful lip. 

For this look I used The Nice N' Spicy Pro Longwear Lip Pencil by MAC and lined my lips. I happen to love the MAC lip liners as they are smooth and are very pigmented. I then go in and do a light layer of Real Rebel by Rebel athletic in the middle of my lips. Rebel Athletic colors are made for dancers and cheerleaders so they are made for smudge proof, long lasting wear. Because of this you need very little of the actual color on your lips, so apply sparingly. Next on my top lip I use Viva Glam by MAC to add a nude overlay. This color is a perfect mix of pink and brown together and has a Matte/Satin finish. I then finish off with a second layer of the Nice N' Spicey to blend the two lip colors together!

2. “Sassy” Lip
This is my everyday red lip. It’s a little brighter than your traditional red lip, which of-course, I love. This lip color is also a Liquid Matte Lip Colour so it’s extremely long lasting. I love pairing it with a muted colored outfit to add a pop of color!

For this look I used the Cherry Lip Pencil by Mac. I make sure to fully line my cupid's bow to accent the crease. I then use my Feels so Grand Retro Liquid Matte Lip Colour to cover my top lip. Since this color is very pigmented and has a liquid suede finish, I only apply it to my top lip and rub my lips together to cover the bottom lip. I then take my Cherry Lip Pencil to fill in any spots of my lip I may have missed.  There you have your perfect "Sassy" lip.

3. “Tooti Fruity” Lip
This combination is simply fun! Every time I wear it, it makes me feel alive and happy. It can been worn as a replacement to your traditional red color as it has a bit of an orange twist to it!

I first start out with the same Lip Pencil from the "Sassy" look, the Cherry Pencil by MAC. I make sure to fill in the Cupid's bow to make for a dynamic look. I then move onto one of my favorite lip colors growing up, the Moon Drops Hot Coral 712 Lipstick by Revlon. All major drug stores used to carry this color but I believe Revlon discontinued it so I happen to buy mine from eBay. After I put a layer of that on my bottom and top lip, I take my "vintage orange" lipstick (I got this color from my grandmother who has since passed away and the label has come off, but really any orange color will work) and put some color over the middle of my top lip and then the two middle parts of my bottom lip. 
I then mix those two colors together and take my Cherry Pencil and go over the outline of my lips. I finish this look off with a smile and I'm out the door!

4. “Mystery” Lip  
This color combo I found by accident one day when mixing a couple of weird color combinations together, in which I found a perfect muted brown/orange lip! I happen to find this combo to be so fun because there really is no color quite like it on the market! I love wearing it when I want a pop of color but with a muted edge to it.

I start off with the Chestnut Lip Pencil by M.A.C. I take my lip pencil and I fully line the outline of my lips and of course my Cupid's bow to create the desired crease. I then take my Viva Glam from Mac and create a light layer of color on my top and bottom lip. Next, I take my "vintage orange" lipstick and cover the middle of my top lip and then the two middle parts of my bottom lip. I mix those two colors together and then add a very light layer of the Moon Drops Hot Coral 712 Lipstick by Revlon  on my heart. Lastly, I take my Chestnut Lip Pencil and outline my lips again to really blend all of the colors together. 
5. "Seductive” lip
I give this color its name as I always feel dark and fierce when I wear it! With this color, I normally wear it with a calmer outfit as it’s a very dynamic deep lip. For those of you who have very pale or dark skin, this color may not work for you as it may wash you out or not show up enough depending on your complexion.

First I use my Chestnut Lip Pencil and line my lips. I want to create a very deep Cupid's bow as It creates the desired fierce look. I then use the Uniformly Fabulous Retro Liquid Matte Lip Colour by MAC and create a light layer of color over the top lip and use it to cover the bottom lip. Lastly, I take my Chestnut Lip Pencil  and fill in any spots that were missed. You are now ready for your best night out!

XOXO,
Mischele







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Labels

Blogger Template Created by pipdig